- PhD student in Sustainable Energy & Technology, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy.
- M.S. in Sustainable Technologies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. (2018); Thesis title: Investigations into Incineration of Sanitary Napkin Waste Using Single Chamber Incinerator
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India. (2011)
- 2011 – 2014: Design Engineer, NETES Institute of Technology and Science, Assam, India.
- Combustion and Gasification
- Waste Management and Waste to Energy
- Borooah, R., Chanakya, H. N., & Dasappa, S. (2020). Investigations into the performance of single chamber sanitary napkin incinerators with emphasis on CO and CO2 emissions. Waste Management, 102, 667-676.
Conference presentations and proceedings:
- Borooah, R., Cordioli, E., Antolini, D., Basso, D., Patuzzi, F., Baratieri, M. (2021). Exploitability of Woody Forest Residues for Energy Purposes through Small Scale Gasification. Published in proceedings of the 29thEuropean Biomass Conference and Exhibition. Paper DOI: 10.5071/29thEUBCE2021-2BO.8.4.
- Antolini, D., Brianti, B., Caligiuri, C., Borooah, R., Patuzzi, F., Baratieri, M. (2020). Energy Valorization of Forestry Residues through a Small-Scale Open Top Gasifier. Published in proceedings of the 28th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition. Paper DOI: 10.5071/28thEUBCE2020-2CV.3.12.
- Borooah, R., Chanakya, H.N., Dasappa, S. (2018). Performance Analysis of Commercial Sanitary Napkin Incinerator. Presented at the 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition. ISBN 978-88-89407-18-9.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI]