Combustion Gasification and Propulsion Laboratory, Indian Institute of Science,
Title: Combustion synthesized cobalt catalysts for liquid fuel generation via Fischer Tropsch reaction
- BE, Chemical Engineering, Manipal University.
- Project Engineer (2015 – 2016): CGPL, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Research Associate (2017 – 2018): Biomass and Biofuels Laboratory, Free University of Bolzano
- Daniele Antolini, Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Francesco Patuzzi, Maurizio Grigiante, Marco Baratieri; Experimental investigations of air-CO2 biomass gasification in reversed downdraft gasifier; 2019, Fuel 253, 1473-1481
- Vittoria Benedetti, Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Francesco Patuzzi, Marco Baratieri; Valorization of Char from Biomass Gasification as Catalyst Support in Dry Reforming of Methane; 2019, Frontiers in chemistry 7, 119-119
- Daniele Antolini, Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Francesco Patuzzi, Maurizio Grigiante, Marco Baratieri; Experimental and modeling analysis of Air and CO2 biomass gasification in a reverse lab-scale downdraft gasifier; 2019, Energy Procedia 158, 1182-1187
- Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Vittoria Benedetti, Marco Baratieri, Srinivasaiah Dasappa; Fuel-rich combustion synthesized Co/Al2O3 catalysts for wax and liquid fuel production via Fischer Tropsch reaction; 2018, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 57, 3833 – 3841
- Snehesh Shivananda Ail, H.S. Mukunda, Sadhan Mahapatra, S Dasappa; Fischer-Tropsch route for the conversion of biomass to liquid fuels – Technical and economic analysis; 2017, Energy 130, 182-191
- Snehesh Shivananda Ail, S Dasappa; Investigations into enhanced wax production with combustion synthesized Fischer–Tropsch catalysts; 2016, Energy Conversion and Management 116, 80-90
- Snehesh Shivananda Ail, S Dasappa; Biomass to liquid transportation fuel via Fischer Tropsch synthesis–technology review and current scenario; 2016, Renewable and sustainable energy reviews 58, 267-286
- Dario Prando, Snehesh Shivananda Ail, David Chiramonti, Marco Baratieri, S Dasappa Characterization of the producer gas from an open-top gasifier: Assessment of different tar analysis approaches; 2016, Fuel 181, 566-572
- Metal catalysts and process for the preparation of catalysts thereof – WO-2017094030-A2: The invention demonstrates the use of combustion synthesis procedure to develop reaction-specific tailored catalysts with high metal loadings and applicable to a wide range of catalytic processes.
Selected conference presentations:
- Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Isamar Garrido Rodriguez, Michael Smith, Charles Coe, Marco J. Castaldi; Sorption enhanced water gas shift activity over Li4SiO4 dispersed catalysts, North American Catalysis Society Meeting, Chicago. 2019
- Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Stefano Piazzi, Daniele Basso, Francesco Patuzzi, Sandeep Kumar, Marco Baratieri; Gasification based synchronized production of fuels and electricity from woody biomass – A techno-economic analysis; 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, Copenhagen; 2019
- D. Antolini, Snehesh Shivananda Ail, Carlo Caligiuri, Francesco Patuzzi, Renzi Massimiliano, Marco Baratieri; Load modulation capability of an open-top gasifier by varying the second stage air flow rate; 7th International Conference on Engineering for Waste and Biomass Valorization, Prague, 2018 – This work was granted the Best Poster Award.
My work in Prof Castaldi’s lab can be broadly categorized into:
- Combustion diagnostic investigation:
- Blast chamber design
- Investigations into propagation and transition of flames to detonation.
- Investigations into detonation attenuation mechanisms
- Synthesis and characterization of sorption enhanced water gas shift catalysts – Li4SiO4 and nano-dispersed CaO
- NOx decomposition
- Waste valorization and waste characterization
- Valorization of MSW ash as potential catalysts
- Quantification of MSW waste in New York City
- Food waste analysis in New York City